Re: error "Failed opening for inclusion"

Hello,

Sorry to brother you but I'm really in a pinch with this problem and I need to resolve it.

The older Fedora Apache server runs just fine with "DocumentRoot" pointing to the NFS share. The NFS share is on our OS X file server. The new CentOS runs fine when "DocumentRoot" is pointing to the local file systems. When I move "DocumentRoot" to the NFS share I can not even run "phpinfo()".
[root@ ~]# more /projects/proj2/www/html/php_info.php
<?
phpinfo();
?>
root@ ~]# ls -als /projects/proj2/www/html/php_info.php
4 -rwxrwxrwx 1 root apache 19 Jun 10 16:58 /projects/proj2/www/html/php_info.php

I've checked permissions, paths, etc... and can not find a cause to this problem. I've compared php.ini and httpd.conf from both fedore and centos and they are the pretty much the same. Both fodera and centos are on the same subnets.

After further investigation I'm find that some php files, below the root directory, run successfully, but now if I edit it or copy it to other name the new php file will not run anymore. I end up with the errors listed below.
I could use some help,  Thanks.

Lou

Lou Baccari wrote:

sorry if I double posted:

Hello,

I'm trying to move my apache server from a Fedora Core 1 with PHP V 4.3.8 onto a newly built Centos 5 with PHP 5.1.6, all applications installed by rpms. The www root dir is "/projects/proj2/www/html" and it is a nfs mounted share.

During the installation I had moved all of the contents from the remote mount "/projects/proj2/www/html" to a local disk on the CentOS, I tested and I believed I had resolved all issues on the new server. Now when I changed my httpd.conf to point to the nfs share "/projects/proj2/www/html" my php scripts fail, even " phpinfo(); " fails. All errors are identical to the following except for the php file name.
====

*Warning*: Unknown: failed to open stream: Value too large for defined data type in *Unknown* on line *0*

*Warning*: Unknown: Failed opening '/projects/proj2/www/html/php_info.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in *Unknown* on line *0
* ====

Again when I run these same scripts from the local disk I do not received any errors. Any ideas to correcting this problem?

Thanks,

Lou.