Re: Search like php.net's URL thingy

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 3:07 PM, Ryan S <genphp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey,
> one of the things that make the php.net site so cool is how easy it is to find info for a function or a list of topics.. eg:
>
> http://php.net/arrays
> http://php.net/count

[snip!]

> since i couldnt find the answer via php.net's source i started messing around with how i *think* its done... tell me if i am on the correct track: when someone requests a page that does not exist, a .htaccess file them up and also takes the page name they were searching for and redirects them to a script...

    You're on the right track, Ryan.

    Look up mod_rewrite for Apache, and also consider that php.net
uses operations similar to (though not exactlt like) the following
procedure:

#.htaccess
Redirect /ciel http://php.net/manual/en/function.ceil.php

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Dedicated Servers - Intel 2.4GHz w/2TB bandwidth/mo. starting at just