Re: APC + PHP Problem (apc_fcntl_lock failed: Bad file descriptor)

Scott McNaught [Synergy 8] wrote:
Hello,

I am running a production server with APC and php. We recently had a crash
where APC bombed out. When it does this, the server serves empty, white
pages.

Here is what the error_log says.

I have not yet found a resolution for this.  There are no calls made to
apc_store() on the server. It is solely script caching.

I am running PHP 5.2.5, and APC 3.0.15. This is the PHP info for APC.

I've recently deployed a similar setup, again only for script caching. It's working great for me with PHP 5.2.6 and APC 3.0.19. I'd suggest upgrading and seeing if that fixes it (esp the APC bit for obvious reasons - should also be pretty painless to upgrade only that part)

I only have a fairly low cache enabled and it does fill up and expunge data after a time out, so if I was affected by this I'd have expected to have seen it rear it's ugly head by now.

Col