Re: PHP eg.

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 2:34 AM, mukesh yadav <mak.gnu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I'm trying to learn a PHP by myself...and i need a help.
> I have learned all the basic but i dont know how to implement the stuff.
> Can you please guys help me out give me a small site in PHP so that i can
> study and learn.
>
> thank you.

The way I started was just a desire to know how to make this web thing
work.  So I came  up with the idea to make a page that would show some
current information I've posted and have the ability to
add/edit/delete this information.  Everything else fell in line once I
had the idea of what I wanted to happen.  I had to research pulling
and putting records into mysql.  It was a horrible mess compared to
what I do now, but you have to get your feet wet somehow.

Find something you want to accomplish.  It gives you specific
requirements and fulfilling them is where you really learn.  After you
complete your project, do another one.  Along the way you'll learn
what does and doesn't work.

The first script I ever really tried to work on was loosely based
around this article [1].  There are lots of issues I have with the
code but it is what I started out with.  It shows the basics of
working with mysql and the whole record workflow.  Some of the main
issues I have are:
- or die() is not error handling
- no escaping of raw data on output
- lack of data validation on user input

These issues aren't as important if it is a local pet project.  If you
plan on making this more than a weekend hobby though, please make sure
to read up on the security side of things also. [2]  For a more in
depth look see the OWASP Guide. [3]

Good luck!

[1] http://www.melonfire.com/community/columns/trog/article.php?id=280
[2] http://phpsec.org/library/