Re: use of static methods after namespaces arrive

Adam Richardson wrote:
If the functionality doesn't conceptually promote the inclusion of the variables it works on (i.e., no class variables), doesn't conceptually fit a scheme where instances can exist, and likely won't benefit from refactoring into component methods, then I could see using a namespaced function.

Here I would do the same.

Most of the time, though, I'd probably start out with a class method instead of a namespaced function so I could more readily adapt to OOP practices if desired as the implementation evolves.

Hm...

Would you consider it safer to convert a static method into an instance method, than implementing a namespaced function into a (new) class and redirecting the calls?

I am not starting a fight, I am really interested in what you think.

Iv