From: Bob <phpnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2008 2:25 PM
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  array recursion from database rows

Hi.

I have a database table I have created for navigation.

The table fields are uid, parent_id, menu_name.

Each entry is either a top level element with a parent_id of 0 or a child
which has a parent_id that relates to the parent uid.

What I am trying to do is recurse through a set of rows adding the
child(ren) of a parent to a multi-dimensional array.

Does anyone know how I can do this, I've tried (unsuccessfully) to traverse
the rows to create this array but I keep failing miserably.

This is probably very easy for the people on this list so I am hoping
someone could help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Bob