RE: PHP authenticating user over SSL

[snip]
Where do I post feature requests for PHP?

I need some functions in PHP to let a user log on to a server with his
SSL client certificate. I mean, when a user has his own SSL client
certificate, then a server should be able to log the user in without
needing user name and password. Wouldn't that be a great improvement in
PHP? Is it possible at all?
[/snip]

You're going to need client side technology to read the local
certificate and pass the data to the server side PHP process. Likely you
would have to have a cookie as not even JavaScript can read client side
files (security). So the user would download a certificate from a site
that creates a cookie.