Unzipping file through PHP

Hi,

I am writing a code to upload multiple files on the server using PHP. I
zipped the folder containing these files, uploaded the zipped file through
my application on the server. Now,I am trying to unzip the .zip file using
PHP. I tried it in different ways using:
1. `unzip filename.zip`
2. system ("unzip filename.zip")
3. system (`unzip filename.zip`)

but it doesnt seem to work. However, the same commands work from command
line. anybody has any ideas what might be wrong here?

Thanks,
Suamya.

DISCLAIMER:-
          "The information in this e-mail is confidential, and is intended
solely for the addressee or addressees. If you are not the intended recipient,
 please delete the mail and kindly notify the sender of misdelivery. Any
unauthorised use or disclosure of the contents of the mail is not permitted
and may be unlawful."