Re: php mysql live feed

Check out jQuery.

http://jquery.com

On May 20, 2008, at 1:24 PM, admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Okay before i pull more hair out...

I am trying to use php to pull mysql data and refresh the mysql data every say 5 seconds for like a live display of the database without the screen reloading.

I want the data to refresh but not the screen. Ajax seems to hate me because everything i have seen/read/tried is wrapped around ASP.NET or requires a user interaction to invoke the query.

If you have example scripts or a good tutorial that actually works where you can open a php script and the data changes on the page as the database does and the screen does not refresh, and you don’t have to onclick, onfocus, or onblur kind of thing. I would be in your debt

Frustrated Rick