Re: Enterprise

Ray Hauge wrote:
I just read an interesting article about enterprise software. One of the most common arguments against PHP tends to be "It's not enterprise ready." This article talks more about ruby, but it could be about any "non-enterprise" language as well.

http://lists.canonical.org/pipermail/kragen-tol/2005-April/000772.html

I recently got a new job at a hospital, and the "enterprise software" they have is no where near as high quality as it could/should be. This is my first job at a somewhat large organization (500+ employees) so I was kind of shocked at the state of their software. Typically healthcare systems are further behind in the technology adoption, but having to deal with workarounds all day long sure gets old.

Seems like PHP is already in the enterprise:

http://www.phpguru.org/article/14

--
              Richard Heyes

         In Cambridge? Employ me