Re: Semi-OT: PHP Login with client security

> ---- Tim Thorburn <immortal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Having a slight problem with a demo I gave at a clients last week -
>> looking for a little advise.  Part of my demo involved a password
>> protected area - the simplified process is: client enters password on
>> login page > if login/password match encrypted database, PHP session
>> is created, form forwards to a secured area > secured area checks to
>> make sure PHP session is valid > if valid display content, if not,
>> return to login screen.
>>
>> This procedure is what I've used for many years, tested on a variety
>> of
>> servers and connections.  It works.  During the demo with my client,
>> I was able to enter login/password info, the PHP session was created
>> - however the screen would not forward to the secured area.

What kind of "forwarding" are you using?  An http redirect should work
fine, regardless of which browser you're using.  When you
say "secured", do you mean an https connection?  If not, you're using
port 80 only which should not give you any problems.

>> So, after long winded description - does anyone with network security
>> experience have any idea either a) what I would need to ask the IT
>> person to allow for their site only, or b) have any suggestions for
>> alternate password authentication that may work given the above
>> conditions?

Maybe check if they'e using any web content filtering?

/Per Jessen, Zürich