Re: String searching

Chris W wrote:
I need to find the position of the first character in the string
(searching from the end) that is not one of the characters in a set.  In
this case the set is [0-9a-zA-z-_]

I guess to be even more specific, I want to split a string into to parts
the first part can contain anything and the second part must be only in
the set described above.

What is the easiest way to do this?

There's something here, imaginatively called blah(), which does what you require:

http://www.phpguru.org/preg/example.phps

--
Richard Heyes