Re: Problems with includes

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 2:25 PM, Tyson Vanover <tvanover@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am trying to keep my tools and pages segregated for a variety of reasons
> (organization, security, etc).  And I am having problems with my includes on
> my LAMP box.  My user facing tools are not including my utility classes and
> files.
>
> The root directory of my web server (www.hostname.com/) is:
> /srv/www/html/
>
> My utility classes and files that need to be included by many of my user
> tools are in subdirectories of:
> /srv/www/html/Tools
> ie
> /srv/www/html/Tools/tool1/tool1.php
> /srv/www/html/Tools/tool2/tool2.php
> included in these sub directories are tool testing pages
> (toolname-test.php) and other includes.  As long as the file that is
> including other files is in the same directory as the files it is including,
> it works just fine.
>
> My user tools each have their own subdirectories off the webserver root
> /srv/www/html/
> ie
> /srv/www/html/library/index.php
>

> So I would think that to include my utility files into my user tools I
> would start the file with something like this:
>
> require "/Tools/tool1/tool1.php";
> require "/Tools/tool2/tool2.php";
>
> But when I do I get:
> require(/Tools/dbtools/dbtool.php) [function.require]: failed to open
> stream: No such file or directory  /srv/www/html/lib/index.php, line 16
>
> require() [function.require]: Failed opening required
> '/Tools/dbtools/dbtool.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear')
> /srv/www/html/lib/index.php, line 16
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> --

I'm pretty sure you're gonna need to include the entire path:

require( "/srv/www/html/Tools/tool2/tool2.php" );

for both of your tools.

--
-Dan Joseph

www.canishosting.com - Plans start @ $1.99/month. Reseller plans and
Dedicated servers available.

"Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for the rest of the day.
Light a man on fire, and will be warm for the rest of his life."