RE: JavaScript and PHP

On 14 May 2008 21:21, tedd advised:

> At 7:31 PM +0100 5/14/08, Mário Gamito wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have this HTML/JS page that switches images
>> clicking on the radio buttons and call
>> template.php with the image ID as parameter:
>> http://portulan-online.net/einstein.html
>>
>> Now, I need to make it a PHP page, because it is
>> going to receive a parameter from the URL that
>> calls it and pass it as is to template.php
>
> Mário:
>
> The key here to remember is that javascript uses
> ID and php uses NAME for inputs.

That's incorrect.  A form will function perfectly well with only name= attributes, and no ids, and it's quite possible for JavaScript to address the form elements using only the names (in fact, it's easier than via the ids as there's a short syntax for it!).

CSS and the DOM, however, use the ids as primary identifier, so use of either of those may demand the presence of ids.

Cheers!

Mike

 --
Mike Ford,  Electronic Information Developer,
C507, Leeds Metropolitan University, Civic Quarter Campus,