Re: Setting up a program that can be accessed by all domain on a server

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Richard Kurth <richardkurth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Dan Joseph wrote:
>
>> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Richard Kurth <
>> richardkurth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:

>>> To Be able to integrate it into the web site is what I am trying to
>>> figure
>>> out
>>>

>> You should be able to configure Apache (assuming you're using Apache) in a
>> way that for instance:  http://domain.com/globalapplication/ would be
>> pointing to a specified folder.  You would just have to tell it to make
>> that
>> path for all domains on the server.  Although that might be better suited
>> for someone on an Apache list or forum to explain better.
>>

> Thanks that is what I needed to know I will now check on an apache list

if your webserver is hosting multiple domains, all you have to do is put the
shared stuff outside the webroots in some common location.  then simply
include that in your scripts in these various places.  the only thing you
have to make sure is the user the webserver is running as has permission to
read from the external location.

say for example you are using linux, you create a directory such as,
/var/www/commonPhpStuff.  and in there you have a class file
FrameworkCore.php or something.  then in all your sites you can simply do
include('/var/www/commonPhpStuff/FrameworkCore.php');

alternatively, you could add '/var/www/commonPhpStuff' to the include_path
in php.ini, a .htaccess file, or a set_ini() call.  then the include call
would become
include('FrameworkCore.php');

-nathan