From: Ryan S <genphp@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 6:26 PM
To: php php <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  Xampp question, pretty much 0T

 Hello!

I have been using XAMPP for quite some time now (thanks to the recommendations from this list) without any real complaints...
and the only reason I am writing here is because i am sure a lot of you guys run the same thing considering the amount of people who recommended it to me when I asked for an easy install of AMP.
It was easy to install and has given me months of hassle free use... but today i have started facing some strange problems of everytime I start Apache.. it crashes my laptop, anybody else run into this?
I use this only for PHP, no perl.

My config:
Win Vista home premium with all updates and patches (genuine, not pirate copy)
core2 duo 2ghz
2 gigs ram

Nothing installed today for it to be acting up so.

Do you suggest I reinstall? or can I just reinstall Apache in some way? If i have to reinstall is there an easy way of backing up my stuff and then reinstalling then putting my stuff back? (I know i can just copy the files that were in the htdocs... but am talking about an easy way to copy the files and the DBs and put them back... or is that just wishful thinking?

TIA,
Ryan

------
- The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.
- Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster!