Re: foreach loop to set variables

jamest wrote:
I am passing an array to a class which I want to take the array data and
create some variables from the array's keys and values.

So I want to create (in this case 21) new variables that I want to create in
the foreach but with no success.

foreach ($formdata as $key => $value) {
	echo "$key = $value";
}

This echo's all the data how I would expect.  But taking the echo out to
have:

foreach ($formdata as $key => $value) {
	$key = $value;
}

But this doesn't work. The variables aren't set.

I was thinking that I could set up the variables outside of the function by
using public $variablename for all the different variables then set the
variable value using:

foreach ($formdata as $key => $value) {
	$this->key = $value;
}

But that didn't work either.

But wait, PHP has a function to do this already.

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

extract()  that's it!!!

--
Jim Lucas

   "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
       and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
    by William Shakespeare