Re: Class Static variables in double quoted string or heredoc

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 12:36 PM, Robert Cummings <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-04-25 at 12:25 -0600, Nathan Nobbe wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 11:35 AM, Nick Stinemates <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:

> double
> of
> wish

> > > Agree, and couldn't imagine working with someones code where they
> > > liberally use these types of lazy things. I like structured, ordered
> > > code, and, somehow, using something like this technique doesn't seem
> > > structured or ordered.
> >

> > to each his own; as i said personally, i consider those *more* structured
> > than the concatenation operator, when they work ;)  but anyway, i got
> lured
> > into the argument for parsing variables and function calls in double
> > quotes.  i have been arguing for the $className::$staticMember
>
> Well, I certainly don't have a problem with $className::$staticMember.
> But then, we ween't talking about that, were we! :)

i know; i tried to sneak it in to no avail; heh.  anyway, no matter, i
finally got a reply on the qa list.

> > i piggybacked into this conversation because of a lack of response on a
> guys
> > want to know a syntactic sugar feature i avoid like the plague, its the
> > ternary operator!
>

> I find it succinct for short evaluations... such as getting a $_GET
> entry whether it exists or not.

ya; i know they have uses and (keep it on the dl) i have been known to use
them as well, rarely.  but theyve grown on me a little since my initial
blanket hatred of them.  more than anything i was just trying to stir things
up a bit :D

-nathan