Re: module access rights

Right. Thanks for the links. This type of approach is the basis of my software architecture.

Ken

(BTW, don't forget to "Reply All" so your reply goes to the list, too).

On Apr 19, 2008, at 9:03 AM, Tony Marston wrote:
What you are describing is a Role Based Access Control (RBAC) system, and it
is not simple. Take a look at
http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/role-based-access-control.html and
http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/menuguide/index.html

Tony Marston

http://www.tonymarston.net
http://www.radicore.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Kixmoeller.com [mailto:ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 19 April 2008 14:33
To: PHP General List
Subject: Re:  module access rights

On Apr 19, 2008, at 2:37 AM, Alain Roger wrote:
Hi,

i'm very surprised... i did not get any answer to my
it because it is good way to do it or because nobody knows ?
-----------------------------------

Hi,
i face now a little issue regarding how end user can access to some
modules
of my web portal.

Let imagine we have several modules (let say: mod1, mod 2, mod3)
and 2 users
(usr1, usr2).
i would like to use a simple way how to established access rights
for each
user to grant/forbidden access to modules...

Or maybe the answer is as complicated as the question seems simple.

I have my master application object. On __construct, it checks the
current user's rights from somewhere (a config file or a database,
for example), and instantiates the application based on the rights
profile.

Simple answer, but a lot of front-end work to implement.

Ken