Re: PHP console script vs C/C++/C#

Nick Stinemates wrote:

> The point I was making is simple, if you have a shitty algorithm
> (which is the case for our op) expect shitty performance.

Agree completely, that's the case in a nutshell.

> There's no doubt you will gain performance moving to C, but, if
> properly designed, you have a performance that is acceptable, then why
> go to that level?

That's a different issue - whether you chose to write a script or a
program, is all about intended use, speed of development, expected
lifetime, maintainability, ease of development etc etc.  If the OPs
script was only meant to run once or twice a year, it probably wouldn't
matter if it ran or month or two.

Personally, I rewrite in C when my PHP (or other script language) script
exceeds a thousand lines.

/Per Jessen, Zürich