Re: Newbie question about sending email

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Pete Holsberg <pjh42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I wanted a form for people in my community to use to subscribe to a yahoo
> group that I run.
>
>  Not being a PHP programmer, I created the form with phpFormGenerator from
> SourceForge.
>
>  It works fine except that the email that gets sent to yahoo appears to come
> from my web host's domain!
>
>  How can I change things so that the email appears to come from the email
> address that is entered in the form?

    Make sure that the From:, Reply-To:, and Return-Path: headers are
correctly set in the form processing code, that the headers in general
are properly constructed, and that your host allows aliased sending by
configuration (some MTA configurations only allow a single address, to
reduce SPAM and such).

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Ask me about: