Re: New Ajax search component

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 7:41 AM, Jeremy O'Connor <joconnor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have written a new component that can be included in your form, and
> allows
> the user to search a data source by entering the search term(s) and using
> Ajax to return a list of results in a dropdown control, from which the
> user
> can select the desired item. It uses the prototype JavaScript library,
> which
> you need to get from their website. You can view a demo and download the
> source at: http://jeremywebdeveloper.co.za/code/ajaxsearch/

they pretty much have that in the scriptacuous lib under Ajax.Autocompleter,
atm

http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/show/Ajax.Autocompleter
http://demo.script.aculo.us/ajax/autocompleter
http://demo.script.aculo.us/ajax/autocompleter_customized

plus they have a client side version as well to mitigate bandwidth
consumption for small data sets.

http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/show/Autocompleter.Local

-nathan