Re: APC & FastCGI != upload progress ?

Hello,

on 04/04/2008 03:16 AM steve said the following:
> FastCGI is *the* way to run PHP, but I think Apache is not the
> platform for it anymore.

If need more than one server, Apache pre-forked model may limited.
Otherwise it is just fine. Other than that, I think there are some
features that only work with Apache SAPI.

> Is the COMMET implementation on the client side long polling
> (reconnect) or does it stream using script tags? What goes on in the
> server? Does it push the buffer of blank data that WebKit requires? Is
> it a PHP daemon process running as a simple HTTP server?

Actually it is just an hidden iframe that loads an HTML page with small
Javascript chunks that flush each COMET AJAX server response. This is a
regular HTTP request performed to the same script that serves that form.
The form AJAX plug-in can detect the AJAX request and respond
adequately. So it works equally well in all browsers including Webkit.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

PHP professionals looking for PHP jobs