Re: character encoding

Hi Manuel

>> In the body that column shows " Brébeuf " in Windows Outlook.

> You may want to try this MIME message composing and sending class that
> http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

Looks great Manuel.but my server is under dyndns and the DN isn't qualified
so no mail functions available.

I was asking how to have the right character set translation so the data
stored in the table show no grimmerish in the outlook window.

A simple mailto link in the page with some basic content defined does the
trick but the data retrieved from the table can look awsome in the mail
client before the user sends it back to the owner email address.

I'm making a site for myself. I'm a paintbrush artist, among other things,
and I've set a buying level for the visitors. But one can ask to raise his
level so he can buy more things in one session.
For that I use a mailto link sent to my hotmail with the request giving the
name and address of the sender. And that's where I can't control anything.
The guy may have written accented caracters in his record and when that info
is brought back, it messes the Outlook msg window of the sender.

Can I force Outlook msg composer to use my Mysql table collation ?

Thanks