Re: character encoding

Hello,

on 03/26/2008 04:57 PM Bill said the following:
> A column in a table has" Brébeuf " in it. (3rd caracter is é)
>
> I use that table to send emails.
>
> In the body that column shows " Brébeuf " in Windows Outlook.
>
> How could I translate to the correct encoding so that accents show correctly
> in Outlook ?

You should not send 8 bit data in your messages without proper quoted
printable encoding. Also you need to specify the character set of text
you are sending.

You may want to try this MIME message composing and sending class that
supports quoted printable encoding with any character set either in the
text and in the message body.

Take a look test_email_message.php for single by character sets or even
the test_multibyte_message.php if you are not using multibyte character
sets.

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

--

Regards,