POST php://input

Hello All,
?I'm doing a POST using httpwebrequest in a Pocket PC C# application to send a file over a stream buffer to a php page on an Apache server. I'm able to not only get ?variablename=value via a $_REQUEST, but also the entire file over php://input.

It all works, I'm just not sure it's proper or the best way to do this. Should i be getting a $_REQUEST and a file via php://input in the same php page? Other problems with doing this?

Nothing seems to come over $_FILE.. when i do a print_r on that, all i get is the number "1"... I was thinking the file might be handled by php and stored as a temp file, but it doesn't seem to be.

Thanks for any help and suggestions,
Scott