Re: save image in database vs folder

Quoting jeffry s <paragasu@xxxxxxxxx>:

thanks Richard ..
sorry dev.. i don't know this subject is quite sensitive here :(

It's not so sensitive :) It's just one of those questions that pop''s up a lot. And some of those discussions were pretty heated.

I think I'm gonna dive into the archives then. To see for myself what
left such a scars upon that subject.

i guess, i have to prepare my oxygen tank to dive into the archives.
i am quite curious to find out what  happen about this..

Happy diving.

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Richard Heyes <richardh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> some friend of mine ague about this matter, this morning. they say,
saving
> image in
> database is more professional. I am not really agree with that,since i
am
> just a novice programmer.

Well, bearing in mind I only have experience of MySQL, the general
consensus is to save it to a file on you hard drive and store the file
name in the database. If for whatever reason you can't or don't want to
do that, then at least store it in a separate table that only gets
touched when the image is requested.

--
Richard Heyes
Employ me: