Re: Re: Generating JavaScript menus on-the-fly

Thank you -- I don't know about those functions -- I'll check them out (for general knowledge, too)...

Ken

On Mar 10, 2008, at 12:01 PM, Roberto Mansfield wrote:

If you are building select menus on the fly using javascript, look at
php's json_encode function. It will create a JSON representation of your
php data structure. Makes "passing" data sets to javascript very easy.
Just build your array of allowed options in php, plug the data into your javascript via json_encode() and let javascript build the menu options.

Ken Kixmoeller wrote:
Hey - - -- - -- --

I keep a profile of a user's rights and responsibilities in tables.
Since this profile defines what a user can do in the system I am
designing, I'd like to build a JavaScript menu navigation scheme. I need
it to be driven programmatically, because the Admin users can add and
remove tasks to the system or to a given user at-will.

I already built a similar thing using CSS-only menus, but it just wasn't
aesthetically flexible enough. I am exploring other options, but I am
wondering if any of you have done something similar and have any samples
or advice.

Ken