RE: CVS Scripts

On Thu, March 6, 2008 10:02 am, Wolf wrote:
>> I am using Zend Studio Server and I haven't upgraded to Zend Studio
>> for
>> Eclipse as yet.  It also has some CVS capability not its not what I
>> am
>> after.
>>
>> Google was my first stop but it didn't turn up anything which
>> appeared to be
>> in a stable enough state.  Hence my email to the list to see if
>> anyone else
>> had come across such a solution.  My application is built from
>> several
>> modules contained with cvs.  Some of these modules are used across
>> projects.
>> I wanted to create my own web-based script to check these out of cvs
>> and to
>> build and configure the application on the fly.
>>
>> I had a look at cruisecontrol but its not really what I am looking
>> for
>> either.
> <!-- SNIP -->
>
> You're probably going to have to code that sucker on your own and
> slide it in as a cron job on your build server to get the
> latest/greatest whenever needed.  I haven't come across anything like
> it before, but I definitely like the concept.

Perhaps something very low-brow simple could work for a short-term
solution, while you code up the fancy internal PHP CVS functions one:

<?php
define('PATH', '/full/path/to/working/copy');
function cvs_checkout($file){
  cd(PATH);
  exec("cd PATH; cvs co $file", $output, $error);
  echo implode("", $output);
  if ($error){
    trigger_user_error("OS Error: $error", E_USER_ERROR);
  }
}
?>

The remaining functions are left as an exercise for the reader. :-)

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?