Re: CVS Scripts

Wolf wrote:
I am using Zend Studio Server and I haven't upgraded to Zend Studio for
Eclipse as yet.  It also has some CVS capability not its not what I am
after.
Google was my first stop but it didn't turn up anything which appeared to be
in a stable enough state.  Hence my email to the list to see if anyone else
had come across such a solution.  My application is built from several
modules contained with cvs.  Some of these modules are used across projects.
I wanted to create my own web-based script to check these out of cvs and to
build and configure the application on the fly.

I had a look at cruisecontrol but its not really what I am looking for
either.
<!-- SNIP -->

You're probably going to have to code that sucker on your own and slide it in as a cron job on your build server to get the latest/greatest whenever needed.  I haven't come across anything like it before, but I definitely like the concept.

Wolf

I had an idea to tie a ticket system with SVN. Each ticket would be associated to a change in the code. In the ticket system you put in the different revisions that were checked in for that ticket. Then when you go to "promote" the ticket for testing, it'll check and make sure that there were no conflicting changes and merge it if possible to the next branch. The details are a little fuzzy after a few months of not thinking about it. The XML output from SVN would come in quite handy at that point though.

It would have been cool, but it would have been complicated. We didn't have the time to work on it. I think Trac is somewhat similar.

PS. sorry for the thread hijack :)

--
Ray Hauge
www.primateapplications.com