RE: Array questions...

On 05 March 2008 15:50, Jason Pruim advised:

> On Mar 5, 2008, at 10:41 AM, Ford, Mike wrote:
>

>> (I was also wondering to myself whether you actually really, really
>> wanted $txtNumArray = $_POST['txtNumArray'], but perhaps you can
easily
>> explain why not...?)
>
> It's a habit I picked up when I was in school and studied
> Visual basic
> for a semester... That way, I know for sure if I'm working with the
> original text verses the text stored in the variable.
>
> Is there any reason not to do it the way I am? I'm completely self
> taught (With the help of many people from here!) so I'm open to
> suggestions about stuff like this :)

I have no issue with your naming style -- I simply noted the assignment
to $NumArray followed by many references to $txtNumArray, and wondered
if in fact they shouldn't both be $txtNumArray.  Of course, it may be
that you're giving $txtNumArray a value elsewhere in your script, and
$NumArray is for some other purpose entirely, but I couldn't help
wondering.... ;)

JG125, The Headingley Library,
James Graham Building, Leeds Metropolitan University,
Headingley Campus, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: m.ford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel: +44 113 812 4730          Fax:  +44 113 812 3211