Re: Pear

Thanks for your help, Nathan!

> maybe try
>
> find /usr/local/php4/share/pear -name 'DB.php'

I tried putting that in my script, and got:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in
/home/www/everoriginal.onlinewebshop.net/connect04.php on line 6

I'm thinking "find" is a Linux or Unix command to run on my host's
machine. I'm hoping that I can get this solved without getting Putty set
up, but am willing to make the effort if necessary.

Doesn't this error:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DB.php'
(include_path='.:/usr/local/php4/share/pear') in
/home/www/everoriginal.onlinewebshop.net/connect04.php on line 4

show that Pear is there, and where to find it?

> if you type
>
> pear info DB
>
> and nothing comes up, then likely you need to install it with
>
> pear install DB

Likewise, that is from the Linux or Unix command line, right? If Pear is
not installed, wouldn't the host have to do that? Or is that something
customers can do when they have a host?

> also, regarding the archives, i think there are several archives out
> there,
> i always look at marc tho; http://marc.info/?l=php-general

Thanks!

Jerry Kassebaum