RE: Sometimes I wonder why I even started programming...

[snip]
Sorry I soured your day.  This is a public mailing list and it is my
position that people who commit code to it should really make sure
that it is reasonably sound.  These emails get archived forever and
people can search them to find results, so what we put on here is
long-lasting.
[/snip]

This is true but I have seen and written the warnings for years. Also
there is a lot of pseudo-code. Not to mention "teach a man to fish..."

As an all volunteer list we all try to do what we can for others and I
appreciate you trying to raise the bar. Because of your actions others
may choose to do so as well, but I wouldn't expect it to be
all-encompassing.