Re: Are these Truthful Proof about PHP ??

At 10:03 AM -0800 2/27/08, Dare Williams wrote:
Dear Developers,

I read an Article on the above Microsoft website stating the reason why to Migrate from PHP to ASP.NET. So can you please justify this proofs from Microsoft and let everybody knows if they are all TRUE and MEANIFUL atall or they are just cheap lies to backup their product. Please advice? Thanks.
Williams.

Let me understand this.

M$ is saying that ASP.NET is better than PHP for web development? Better for whom, M$?

Remember that M$ also claimed that all versions of IE are better than anything else. How did that work out? I think that's one of the biggest jokes on the net and has, unfortunately, made life for developers miserable.

I personally think their claim is about as accurate as their page is standards compliant.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa479002.aspx

77 errors!

If they can't even write good html, then why would I trust them with any coding advice?

And lastly, I remember M$'s QuickBASIC and how they just dropped it without any warning nor subsequent support. They just left QuickBASIC developers out to dry. Believe me, if M$ can't make money from ASP.NET, your loyalty to their product won't mean a thing!

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------