Re: Set PHP session expire to 2 months

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Manuel Barros Reyes <manuca@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  The question is asked only in the index.php and the answer is stored
>  in $_SESSION["pais"]. If the user tries to enter the site once again
>  and the session variable is still set the question is not asked again
>  as it is supposed to happen. The session data is configured to last
>  for aprox. 2 months and it works in the browsers I've tried it but
>  still I receive reports of users who are constantly being asked for
>  their countries they also told me they don't have cookies blocked.

    They may not have the cookies blocked, but they may have some kind
of security software or browser settings that are overriding that.
One of the first places to check is to see what OS and browser
combination those whom are experiencing problems are using.  I'd be
willing to bet the OS is Windows (possibly with McAfee, Norton, or a
Microsoft product running), or that they (or someone else in their
household) are cleaning cookies frequently to either (a) keep the
computer "running fast" or (b) hide their tracks with other websites.

--
</Dan>

Daniel P. Brown
Senior Unix Geek
<? while(1) { $me = $mind--; sleep(86400); } ?>