Re: Session destruction problem

Adil Drissi wrote:
thank you tedd,

I understood what you explained to me last time. I was
wondering if there is another method to prevent that.

Thanks

--- tedd <tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

At 2:45 PM -0800 2/19/08, Adil Drissi wrote:
Hi,

Below you'll find my code. I think now that the
problem is in my algorithm, because the is created
anytime the page is refreshed. But i don't know how
check if the client was logged out or it is a real
new
connexion to the page. As you will see one can
click
on logout, then press the back button of the
browser,
and then refresh the page, but he is still
connected.
I would like to help me fixe that. Here is the
code:

You received an answer, but fail to understand.

Unless you use javascript to manipulate the
browser's history you are going to continue to have "problems" with the user browser's back button.

But, explain why the user using the back button is a
problem. If he logs in, he's in. If he logs out, he's out. If he hits the back button after logging out and cancels his log out -- so what? What problems does that present?

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------
http://sperling.com http://ancientstones.com http://earthstones.com

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

apologies, I completely forgot that your using session_destroy ammend to..

<?php
session_start();
session_destroy();
unset($_SESSION);