Re: Re: open a secondary window/tab in the browser from php

On Mon, February 18, 2008 1:04 pm, Shawn McKenzie wrote:
> julian wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have an application that along  filling in some forms, it produces
>> pdf file, as confirmation of all entered data.
>>
>> I want to send this pdf file to a different window/tab of the
>> browser,
>> so it is displayed and can latter be printed.
>>
>> In the mean time, the original window contains a confirmation
>> message,
>> to continue with the work flow.
>>
>> I would like to do this without use of JavaScript....
>>
>> Any combination of headers ??
>>
>> Any hints appreciated.
>>
>> JCG
>
> AFAIK you must use javascript.  The two scenarios I see are:
>
> 1. Your form uses target=_blank" to open the PDF and there is some
> onsubmit javascript that updates your form.
> 2. Your form updates itself when submitted and there is some onsubmit
> javascript to open the PDF in a new window.

Actually, I think a PDF can have an "action" at the launch that opens
up a web page...

I vaguely remember this...

But maybe I'm just imagining it...

Or it could be that I'm thinking of an FDF which *has* to open up a
PDF URL to function.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?