Re: open a secondary window/tab in the browser from php

julian wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an application that along  filling in some forms, it produces a
> pdf file, as confirmation of all entered data.
>
> I want to send this pdf file to a different window/tab of the browser,
> so it is displayed and can latter be printed.
>
> In the mean time, the original window contains a confirmation message,
> to continue with the work flow.
>
> I would like to do this without use of JavaScript....
>
> Any combination of headers ??
>
> Any hints appreciated.
>
> JCG

AFAIK you must use javascript.  The two scenarios I see are:

1. Your form uses target=_blank" to open the PDF and there is some
onsubmit javascript that updates your form.
2. Your form updates itself when submitted and there is some onsubmit
javascript to open the PDF in a new window.

-Shawn