Re: Static variable in a class method

On Thu, February 14, 2008 4:28 pm, Stut wrote:
> Richard Lynch wrote:
>> If a website is complicated enough to need a class hierarchy, then
>> something is wrong in your Design. :-) :-) :-)
>
> I don't think anything ever *needs* a class heirarchy, but I wouldn't
> say using one indicates a design flaw.
>
> Classes themselves are an invaluable tool for creating a logical
> modular
> system with reusable components, and IMHO not using them indicates an
> engineer stuck in the dark ages of software development.
>
> But each to their own.

I used classes in Lisp a whole whole whole lot building AI research
applications, so I don't think I qualify as stuck in the dark ages...
:-)

Perhaps it's just that I don't like to work on websites
big/complicated enough to need giant class hierarchies...

Or that I would rather simplify such a site to the point where it
doesn't need said large hierarchy...

Or that anything that's supposed to spit out a web page in a
splintered second shouldn't be that complicated to start with...

Or...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?