Re: Session and Multi Server Architecture

On Mon, February 11, 2008 3:07 pm, mike wrote:
> actually right now i have an issue on my system i'm working on
> resolving - and it does create some poor experience for users. when
> one of my webservers is taken out of the pool (softly due to a
> healthcheck failure, not via reboot) those clients can get connection
> refused, or connection reset (if mid-connection) - and if anyone is
> uploading or downloading a file, they're screwed too. persistence or
> not, that won't solve this, but it is my note about servers going down
> and the little bit of non-transparency of the failover...

There is some kinda signal you can send to Apache to GRACEFULLY die out.

New connections are refused, but old ones are finished and then the
child exits.

http://apache.org/

There is a "graceful" restart for sure.  Perhaps it's just "apachectl
graceful stop"???

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?