Re: Name of variable to string [SOLVED]

At 10:31 AM -0500 2/8/08, Daniel Brown wrote:
 > On Feb 8, 2008, at 10:14 AM, tedd wrote:

 > Hi gang:
 >
 > From a variable with the name of $this_variable -- how do I get a
 > > string 'this_variable' ?

    What Tedd means is this:  ;-P

BINGO! We have a winner!

For those of you who want to know what I'm doing with the solution, please review:

 http://www.webbytedd.com/bbbb/var-string/index.php

Warning: Geek meters should be worn at all times and exposure should be limited. All code is shown.

The "problem" that I was seeking a solution for was simply an easier way to grab POST and GET variables and place them into SESSIONs while keeping the most current values current.

I'm a little disappointed in the solution because I wanted the statements to be:

$post_var = sessionize_post($post_var);
$get_var = sessionize_get($ger_var);

But, the function provided by Daniel (and found in the literature) would not work from within my session_post and session_get functions -- I think it's probably something to do with the scope of the variable.

In any event, I had to alter the calls to:

$post_var = @sessionize_post($post_var, vname($post_var)); $get_var = @sessionize_get($get_var, vname($get_var));

You see, there can be reasons why someone would want to know the variable's name.

Thanks Daniel and to all who commented.

Cheers,

tedd

--