Re: php 4.x + mysql 5

ahlist wrote:
Hi,

I have a client who requires php 4.x with mysql 5 (cannot use php 5
for this project).

Too bad...

Can anyone confirm that it is possible to use this combination without
setting mysql to use old-style passwords.

Not sure

I have a clean php 4.4.7 compile but it still shows the old mysql lib
version. I can't find where it is picking that up at. Is it just built
into the php sources that way?

Yes, it is included with the php source. If you want it to use newer libs, then download the devel packages for the newer mysql version and at compile time, point the configure script for php use the newer devel libs instead. That should be all that is needed.

Thanks.

--
Jim Lucas

   "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
       and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
    by William Shakespeare