Re: PHP CLI Problem

On Feb 6, 2008 11:48 AM, Robbert van Andel <robbert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  I contacted 1&1 and was told scripting was not supported.  I wrote back
> saying I didn't need help writing the script just how to run it. They wrote
> back telling me to put it in a cron job using crontab –e and that was all
> **rolls eyes**.   Perhaps a call will give me the answers I need.

rob, please keep list topics on list for the benefit of others.
if you dont get the answer you looking for; allow me to propose
a dirty workaround.
put the script in the webroot; then you can invoke it from cron
using curl; i imagine they have that installed.  you can protect
the script with the following as the first line
if($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] !== '127.0.0.1') { die; }

then you could hit if from cron as in
`which curl` http://localhost/backup.php

im now waiting for what will surely be moments for another member
of the list to hack this idea to pieces ;)
but it was fun to think up!

-nathan