PHP CLI Problem

I am having trouble with a PHP CLI script I wrote to help manage my website.
The site is on a shared hosting server where the PHP installation is set up
as a CGI.  The script creates some backups of my databases and sends them to
Amazon's S3 service.

First off, the script runs great from the command line when I type "php5
backup.php" but when I type ./backup.php I get an error: "bash:
./backup.php: No such file or directory".  I thought maybe this is a problem
with the top declaration in the script "#!/usr/local/bin/php5". The problem
is that it appears the server has several php5s I can reference

/usr/local/apache/share/cgi-bin/php5
/usr/local/bin/php5

But it doesn't matter which one I put at the top of the script, I get the
same error.

Okay, so I can live with having to type "php5 backup.php".  However, when I
try to make a cron job from the script, the script never runs.  The crontab
entry looks like this
1 0 * * 2 php5
/kunden/homepages/23/d117947228/htdocs/oregonswimming/administration/backup/
backup.php > backup.log

I know the backup never runs because I redirect the output to a file and
have an email sent to me upon conclusion of the script.  The log file
doesn't show anything nor do I ever receive an email.  My web host will not
provide any support for scripting, so I'm hoping someone here can help.

Questions:
* How do I determine what to put at the top of the script so that I can just
call "backup.php"?
* What, if anything, do I need to do to make the script work from cron?

I've seen some comments on the web regarding PHP CLI when PHP is a CGI, but
none of them seem to apply to me.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Robbert