Re: Calling All Opinionated ******** ....

Greg Donald schreef:
On 2/1/08, Jochem Maas <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm in the market for a new framework/toolkit/whatever-you-want-to-call-it.
I've been taking a good hard look at the Zend Framework - if nothing else the docs
are very impressive.

I'd like to hear from people who have or are using ZF with regard to their
experiences, dislikes, likes, problems, new found fame and fortune, etc ... but
only if it concerns ZF.

I don't need to hear stuff like 'use XYZ it's great' - finding php frameworks/CMS/etc
is easy ... figuring out which are best of breed is another matter, if only because
it involves reading zillions of lines of code and documentation. besides I find that
you only ever get bitten in the ass by short-comings and bugs when your 80% into the
project that needs to be online yesterday and you knee deep in a nightmare requirements
change or tackling some PITA performance issue.

so people, roll out your ZF love stories and nightmares - spare no details - share the
knowledge. or something :-)

Hilarious.  "I'm in the market for a new framework, but please only
tell me about ZF because I don't want to spend my own time researching
stuff for myself."

you need some glasses?  I've just spent 4 hours reading
ZF documentation and code ... today - I've played with it in the past
but it was still beta at that time. I'm starting to take another look,
but no ammount of playing with it or reading documentation will tell me
if I'm going to have major regrets about choosing ZF for a large project
when I'm 400 hours into it and stuck with a deadline and an impossible
situation.

funnily enough I'm not capable of researching inside someone else's head
when it comes to *their opinion*, more specifically people who you are familiar
with to soome degree, whereby you able to gauge to a better extent how relevant
the opinion/experience offered is to one's own situation.

Since when is learning something new a crime?

and where do you go to learn someone else's opinion?

Why
are you even a programmer?

something bothering you? got out of the wrong side of bed today?

ZF works fine if you don't mind all the bloated OO PHP.  Use it or don't.

brilliant advice, you we're on better form yesterday my friend.