RE: Calling All Opinionated ******** ....

My thoughts, exactly.  I had to count to 10 to keep myself from replying to
"His Rudeness".

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Donald [mailto:gdonald@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 5:17 PM
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Calling All Opinionated ******** ....

On 2/1/08, Jochem Maas <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm in the market for a new
framework/toolkit/whatever-you-want-to-call-it.
> I've been taking a good hard look at the Zend Framework - if nothing else
the docs
> are very impressive.
>
> I'd like to hear from people who have or are using ZF with regard to their
> experiences, dislikes, likes, problems, new found fame and fortune, etc
.. but
> only if it concerns ZF.
>
> I don't need to hear stuff like 'use XYZ it's great' - finding php
frameworks/CMS/etc
> is easy ... figuring out which are best of breed is another matter, if
only because
> it involves reading zillions of lines of code and documentation. besides I
find that
> you only ever get bitten in the ass by short-comings and bugs when your
80% into the
> project that needs to be online yesterday and you knee deep in a nightmare
requirements
> change or tackling some PITA performance issue.
>
> so people, roll out your ZF love stories and nightmares - spare no details
- share the
> knowledge. or something :-)

Hilarious.  "I'm in the market for a new framework, but please only
tell me about ZF because I don't want to spend my own time researching
stuff for myself."  Since when is learning something new a crime?  Why
are you even a programmer?

ZF works fine if you don't mind all the bloated OO PHP.  Use it or don't.

--
Greg Donald
http://destiney.com/