Re: PEAR website and MSIE 6

2008. 01. 31, csütörtök keltezéssel 12.47-kor Robert Cummings ezt írta:
> On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 18:18 +0100, Jochem Maas wrote:
> > Eric Butera schreef:

> > > My wife uses Opera and she doesn't know much about computers.  I
> > > installed IE7, FF, Opera, & Safari for Windows and she picked Opera on
> > > her own.  I can't really get into it though.
> >
> > I guess the shitty interface is appealing to people with more taste than us :-)
> > Steve Job's would be annoyed though - which is funny in and of itself :-P
>
> I dunno, Opera comes with a built in flag for disabling that wretching
> thing called tabbed browsing. Firefox requires you to install a plugin.

ahh the Great Browser Holy War :)
I must join in...

I never wanted to turn tabbed browsing off (in fact I find it useful and
convenient), so it is not a real concern

> Also, I find the configurability of Opera's interface to be superior to
> what I last used for Firefox.

okay, then how do you stop Opera caching? I tried to turn it off
everywhere but it keeps on creating local files while I browse.
(ubuntu linux/opera 9.25)

aside from that, opera is quite good but for development I find FF much
more convenient. IE just plain sucks, but I have to test my stuff with
it also so I have it installed, but I would never think about using it
for anything else...

greets
Zoltán Németh