Re: Exception thrown without a stack frame

Richard Lynch schreef:
On Fri, January 25, 2008 4:37 am, Jochem Maas wrote:
I'm getting exceptions thrown without a stackframe. I understand what
this
means but not how it can happen given the following:

I wonder if you can wrap a try/catch around the loading of the
constants and class definitions?

you can, I do, but it does really do anything - an exception is
only ever thrown in userland code and a few specific extensions
(none of which Im using)

the problem was in a DB query related exception that was being
thrown (sometimes) in a piece of code the was being conditionally
setup as via register_shutdown_function().

I totally forgot about the shutdown exception to exception throwing :-P
thanks to Peter Ford for putting me straight

Or you already did that and it didn't work?

There was something on internals@ yesterday about fixing some kind of
backtrace thingie where this could happen, but I think it was more
about having such a large backtrace that half of it was off in a
different RAM segment or somesuch...

Anyway, for future reference for somebody else who ends up here, that
may also be worth checking out, even if Jochem has found and fixed his
issue.