Re: Question About Blocking Email Addresses in Forms

On Fri, January 18, 2008 8:50 am, Javier Huerta wrote:
> I am wondering if there is a way to block out email addresses in
> specific
> format from a form?  We ahve a form that people have to enter an email
> address, and the form has been getting used by bots to send spam to a
> listserv.  The email address they enter is in this type of format
> gfjhjfg@xxxxxxxxxxxx, and of course it is always just a bit different
> every
> time.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

You should limit posting to subscribers, and force subscribers to
confirm that they received an email at their address before finalizing
their subscription to the list.

That will eliminate 99.999% of this stuff.

Trying to determine which emails are forgeries without messing up a
real user would be impossible, literally, and consume resources for
the rest of your life...  NU has better things for you to do! :-)

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?