Re: QNX build

Richard schreef:
Jochem Maas was thinking very hard :
Richard schreef:
Jochem Maas wrote :
Richard schreef:
Hi,

After installing PHP on a Windows machine I see a very small PHP-executable and several extension dll's that can be loaded.

When I build PHP on a QNX machine I get one huge executable of 8.6 MB. Is it possible to build something similar to the Windows version?

yes, by specifying to ./configure that it should build shared extensions
or those extensions that allow it. so the relevant ./configure options
will look something like:

    --enable-foo=shared,/path/to/libs
I tried that but it didn't work.

didn't work in what way?

It is still one binary of 8.6 MB and no shared libs.

what's your configure line look like right now?

PS - I'd never heard of QNX - just looked it up - interested to know what your
doing with it and php.
I have an embedded system with an sqlite database. I want a web interface that shows database info and maybe system info.

cool :-)

PPS - Is a single large binary any worse than a smaller binary that loads in a bunch of extensions (assuming the same extensions in each case), won't
the memory footprint be near enough the same for each?
It seems that my system has a problem with loading large binaries. It would be nice if I could decide in the ini file which extensions will be loaded (I am not sure which extensions I need). I use the shttpd web server. This one does not support fast cgi. Loading a large cgi interpreter each time slows down my system.

ok - seems like you will only be needing a small subset of the available extensions. have you tried using --disable-all and then only enabling the extensions you really
need, It may get the binary size down to a usable level.

When I use the option --disable-all the binary is about 5 MB. Which is much too large. An option could be not to use php but perl. This binary is 1 MB. But I think the best option is a web server with fast cgi.

lighthttpd?

Regards,

Richard